Nepali Student Killed in an Accident in Irving

Home Forums Chhalfal Nepali Student Killed in an Accident in Irving

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

Bipin Thapa, a 26-year-old student at UTA, died in a car accident on Sunday, July 25, 2010 while driving on HWY 183 in Irving.

According to a news report published on Star Telegram, Mr. Thapa was thrown from his car after his car rolled several times on HWY 183 while he was exiting the Highway at high speed. The accident took place around 1 a.m. Sunday in the westbound lanes of Highway 183 in Irving.

According to the police reports, Mr. Thapa lost control of his car, as he was exiting, which then slid off the highway overturning several times. Mr. Thapa did not appear to be wearing a seat belt, which caused him to be thrown out of the car, while his passenger was wearing his seat belt.

Bipin was pronounced dead at the scene while his passenger was taken to Parkland Hospital and was in good condition Sunday according to the police reports.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/26/2360550/man-dies-after-being-ejected-from.html#ixzz0uvlSXqE8

Below is a copy of the news about Mr. Thapa’s accident, as circulated via NST’s Google Group.

Dear Community Members:

We are shocked and very much disturbed by the early demise of a young undergraduate Nepalese student, of University of Texas at Arlington, Mr. Bipin Thapa. According to his close family friend, Mr. Beni Thapa of Fort Worth, TX, Mr. Thapa is a son of Dr. Bala R. Thapa and Mrs. Narbada Thapa, resideent of Kenya, and planned to carry the dead body of their son back to Nepal. According to the source, Mr. Thapa was died in a road accident in HYW 161 around Irving area on Sunday, July 25th around 1 pm.

On behalf of the Nepalese Society of Texas, and on my behalf, I would like to express heart felt condolence to the family of deceased and pray for the peace of a departed soul. I also appreciate the Embassy of Nepal in USA for their prompt help in a process to carry the dead body back to Nepal.

Prem Adhikari, President, NST

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Connecting Global Nepali Speaking Communities