Writer Taslima Nasreen considered Nepal part of India

Home Forums Chhalfal Writer Taslima Nasreen considered Nepal part of India

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

‘I didn’t consider Nepal a foreign country’, says Taslima as she misses her Delhi-Kathmandu flight

Taslima Nasrin, the author of bestseller novel ‘Shame’, could not come to Kathmandu Saturday because she did not carry her passport thinking Nepal was part of India.

The celebrity writer in exile was in New Delhi with an Indian visa on a Swedish passport. She was stopped at the New Delhi airport on her way to Nepal as she did not have her passport with her.

She was to arrive in Nepal on Saturday as a special guest at the Nepal Literary Festival organised by Bookworm Trust. Taslima disappointed hundreds of fans in Kathmandu because of her comment.

After she missed the flight Taslima wrote a message on Twitter, “My Nepali friends, I missed my flight to go to Kathmandu today. I forgot to bring my passport as I didn’t consider Nepal a foreign country!”

Her comment has provoked strong reaction in Nepal, including her fans.

Although Taslima still wanted to come to Nepal on Sunday, the organisers of the literary festival decided not to call her keeping in view the reaction of the Nepali fans on Taslima’s Twitter comment Saturday.

Taslima is a Bengali by birth, but the Bangladeshi government revoked her passport after she wrote Lajja (Shame). nepalnews.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Connecting Global Nepali Speaking Communities