Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) is organizing its fourth Regional NRN Conference in Houston, Texas from May 28 to May 30, 2010 with various cultural activities, discussion on NRN issues, presentations, Nepal’s tourism promotion, poetry festival and more.
According to NRNA, these Regional Conference are being held in different region world wide on every other year. We must take a pride in sponsoring, co-sponsoring and partnering with it to make NRN Movement a grand success. It provides not just an opportunity to network in USA but to reach out and connect to like-minded Nepalis worldwide.
Established in 2003, Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) has a secretariat in Kathmandu with over 55 National Coordination Councils (NCCs) worldwide. NRNA has been advocating efforts of dual citizenship for NRNs in coordination with NCCs in over 55 countries. NRN National Coordination Council of USA coordinates with local organizations to promote and advocate NRN rights, and to channel their efforts for development of Nepal.
NST is participating
According to a recent email circulated via NST’s Google group newsletter, a group of representatives from DFW area will be participating at the conference on behalf of NST along with around ten performers.
When – Friday May 28, 2010 to Sunday May 30, 2010
Where – Westchase Marriott Hotel 2900 Briarpark Dr., Houston, TX 77042, USA (Map)
Click here (NRN Conference Programs) to view a copy of scheduled programs for the event.
- Rights of NRNs and “Once a Nepali Always a Nepali” (Dual Citizenship)
- Open & Distance Education in Nepal through Open University of Nepal (OUN)
- Skills, Knowledge & Innovation Exchange (SKIE) for Development of Nepal
- Global Nepali Women Forum
- Youth Forum & Kids of NRNs
- Joint Strategy and effort to manage earthquake disaster in Nepal: Joint efforts by CAN USA, ASNEngr and ANMF
- Charity Programs by NRNs in Nepal
- Collective Investment
- Nepal’s Tourism Promotion
- Poetry Festival
For more information visit NRNUSA.org