Gear Up For Rafting Festival: Rowing Down The River of Trishuli!


A press meet for the upcoming 27th Annual Rafting Festival 2015 was held at Nepal Tourism Board office in Exhibition Road on July 8, 2015.

Organised by Nepal Association of Rafting Agencies (NARA), the event strives to promote tourism in Nepal, locals as well as foreigners,  through the adventure sports of rafting. Speaking at the meet, its Chairman Chandra Bahadur Dahal said that the recent earthquake has undoubtedly affected the tourism sector and programs like these should be conducted to bring it back to life. As mentioned in the press release, only 15 per cent of the tourism areas had been affected and the rest 85 per cent is still safe.

This year’s edition of the rafting festival is set to take place on July 11, 2015, Saturday. Almost 500 participants, aged between 12-70 years, are expected to be part of this event. The registration fee costs Rs 2000 per person. The participants will get to raft in Trishuli River from Baireni to Malekhu. Apart from enjoying the thrilling sport, they will also have a chance at some entertainment and will be provided two-way transportation service and Nepali food.

Event details:
27th Annual Rafting Festival 2015
Date: July 11, 2015
Place: Trishuli River
Registration Fee: Rs 2000 per person
Bus Departure Time and Place: 7:00 am at Sohrakhutte





Leave a Reply