A massive fire that broke out from the house of local Bishnu Tukman Banjar at Epachhe in Bhaktapur Municipality-15 has damaged three houses here in the district on Sunday morning.
The fire started from the second floor of Bishnu’s house while preparing food at around 7: 45 this morning also destroyed adjoining other two houses owned by Krishna Ram Tukam Banjar and Tulshi Bhakta Deshe Maru.
However, no human casualty has been reported in the incident.
Police suspected that the inferno may have been started by a candle. However the house owner is yet to reveal the truth.
Property worth Rs 60 lakhs has been gutted by the fire, said police.
The fire was taken under control at around 9:45 am with the help of police, locals and fire engines from Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur.
Source: The Himalayan Times