Talk about going from bad to worse. While Apple was probably thinking BendGate was behind them, they’re now faced dealing with ‘FireGate.’ Phillip Lechter is claiming his iPhone 6 caught fire while in his pocket after being bent in a car accident.
Lechter claims that after his phone got bent (potentially resulting in the battery being punctured), he felt a burning sensation on his leg. After looking around to see if anything in the vicinity was on fire, Lechter quickly realized his phone was the culprit.
After removing the iPhone 6 from his pocket, another man was burnt after attempting to pick up the iPhone.
The short video below is proof (somewhat) of the incident in question.
Apple may (or may not) have a bit of an issue on its hands. What do you think, real or fake?