A youngster was burnt to death when a gallon containing petrol caught fire at Tyauda in Ason on Thursday (December 10, 2015). The deceased has been identified as 18-year-old Sujan Nagarkoti. Another news source reports the fire was caused by the candlelight burnt nearby during a load shedding hours.
Nagarkoti was a tenant of local Binod Tuladhar whose house was caught in the fire. Nagarkoti’s elder sister Sonu Nagarkoti was injured in the incident and is undergoing treatment at the Bir Hospital, Deputy Superintendent of Police Binod Ghimire said.
It took a total of two and half hours to bring the fire under control. Three houses including of Tuladhar were reduced to ashes in the fire. There have been no further reports on details of damage.